This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ld/ld.texinfo: Do not constrain dynamic linker lazy binding behaviour.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Suprateeka R Hegde <hegdesmailbox at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 17:21:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ld/ld.texinfo: Do not constrain dynamic linker lazy binding behaviour.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
> 2016-07-07 Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * ld.texinfo (Command Line Options,lazy): Lazy binding can
> happen at any time between load and function call.
Approved - please apply.
> Florian wrote:
> Maybe also mention that binding per relocation can happen multiple times?
> I think this is true even today because the PLT update is racy, and it's observable through IFUNC resolvers.
Is this a feature of lazy binding, or can it happen with non-lazy binding as well ?
If this is an artefact of lazy binding then it would be worth mentioning.