This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: What is .tm_clone_map?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 09:28:59 +0930
- Subject: Re: What is .tm_clone_map?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 09:44:18AM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I am seeing this section on a PowerPC RTEMS C++ application
> and I don't see it dealt with in any of the linker scripts
> installed with binutils. Our link is failing because it isn't
> included in the linker script.
> I see some comments that it is related to transactional memory
> but beyond that I have no idea.
> What should a linker script do with it?
.tm_clone_map doesn't ring any bells with me. Which object file uses
it? Did you mean .tm_clone_table?
General answer to unknown sections is to inspect flags and insert into
your script based on the flags. ie. Do what the linker would normally
do for orphan sections.
Australia Development Lab, IBM