This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: call gcc no -fpic/-fpie only -pie?
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: zet <feqin1023 at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 12:11:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: call gcc no -fpic/-fpie only -pie?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOfAq_pfpczZjjoMjAF_HGczNxhJQ+tbSwu_y56DpGyh=+wJEw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> But the ld manual said if specify -pie should specify -fpic etc.
Where does it say this ? I tried looking for it, but did not find it
> static relocation type only has R_386_32/R_386_PC32, they should be
> changed to dynamic relocation type R_386_COPY/R_386_GLOB_DAT etc by
> ld. If so why not manual said that( if specify -pie should specify
> -fpic etc) ? If not , what the details that cannot be changed to
> dynamic link?
This sounds like a documentation error, but I will need to see the
source for the documentation first.
> like the -pie there is a similar option -shared, under the same
> questions what about -shared?
This also ought to be reviewed.