This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [committed] MIPS16/GAS: Fix delay slot filling across frags
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: Maciej Rozycki <Maciej dot Rozycki at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:20:43 +0000
- Subject: RE: [committed] MIPS16/GAS: Fix delay slot filling across frags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023537E448CF7 at HHMAIL01 dot hh dot imgtec dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1606211958240 dot 7182 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
Maciej Rozycki <Maciej.Rozycki@imgtec.com> writes:
> I have committed the change below then, with just a minor update to
> your proposed code change to have the declaration and statements
> separated from each other in the piece of code affected. I decided your
> test case was insufficient though, as I think we want to make sure not
> only that code assembles successfully, but also that the same code is
> produced with and without a listing requested as well, and that both 16-
> bit and 32-bit
> MIPS16 jump instructions are handled correctly across frags.
Thanks Maciej. The extended test cases are definitely a good idea, this
area seems fragile but fewer special cases in the code will be better.