This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] GAS: Fix `abort' expansion in write.c
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 09:32:07 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] GAS: Fix `abort' expansion in write.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1606281625390 dot 4103 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 05:33:38PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> With the removal of "libbfd.h" restore the latter message format.
> * write.c: Remove "libbfd.h" inclusion.
OK for master and binutils-2.26.
> This has passed regression testing over my usual set of 162 targets so I
> take it whatever the reason for the inclusion of "libbfd.h" was it is no
> longer there and rather than thinking of a way to avoid the override made
> by "libbfd.h" we can simply remove the offending inclusion. No other
> generic GAS source includes this header; target maintainers may want to
> review their code though.
I was curious so checked out the 2007 source, and found that removing
/home/alan/src/binutils-gdb/gas/write.c: In function âset_symtabâ:
/home/alan/src/binutils-gdb/gas/write.c:1326:16: warning: implicit declaration of function âbfd_allocâ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
asympp = bfd_alloc (stdoutput, amt);
bfd_alloc has since moved to bfd.h.
Australia Development Lab, IBM