This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gold] Implement R_AARCH64_NONE
- From: Han Shen <shenhan at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Igor Kudrin <ikudrin at accesssoftek dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 15:32:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gold] Implement R_AARCH64_NONE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1467048006516 dot 70104 at accesssoftek dot com> <CAJimCsFs11C53h=4-K27eqErsHyrELW-_q5XdGunJGsDdYKpVg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Hi, Cary and Igor, thanks. This is ok with me.
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
>> This patch implements R_AARCH64_NONE relocation. According to "ELF for
>> the ARM(r) 64-bit Architecture (AArch64)", this relocation can be used
>> "to prevent removal of sections that might otherwise appear to be unused."
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Kudrin
>> * aarch64-reloc.def (NONE): New relocation.
>> * aarch64.cc (Target_aarch64::Scan::local): Handle R_AARCH64_NONE.
>> (Target_aarch64::Scan::global): Likewise.
>> * testsuite/Makefile.am (aarch64_reloc_none): New test.
>> * testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
>> * testsuite/aarch64_reloc_none.s: New test source file.
>> * testsuite/aarch64_reloc_none.sh: New test script.
> This also looks good. Han, do you want to take a look?
Han Shen | Software Engineer | firstname.lastname@example.org | +1-650-440-3330