This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Default to --enable-compressed-debug-sections=gas for Linux
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 06:47:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Default to --enable-compressed-debug-sections=gas for Linux
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160624143408 dot GA17513 at intel dot com> <CAMe9rOr237x6jQdfNJ68QM0UhgXdajB0-FL6z3=r2obYmuLgsQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160627133724 dot GC25465 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 05:49:00AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:34 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> > --enable-compressed-debug-sections=gas added to binutils 2.26. Make it
>> > default for Linux in 2.27.
>> I am going to check it in today.
> Please wait until someone OKs it. I personally don't see much point
I will enable it only for Linux/x86 if I haven't heard anything by tomorrow.
> in compressing debug info in relocatable object files.