This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Default to --enable-compressed-debug-sections=gas for Linux
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 23:07:25 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Default to --enable-compressed-debug-sections=gas for Linux
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160624143408 dot GA17513 at intel dot com> <CAMe9rOr237x6jQdfNJ68QM0UhgXdajB0-FL6z3=r2obYmuLgsQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 05:49:00AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:34 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > --enable-compressed-debug-sections=gas added to binutils 2.26. Make it
> > default for Linux in 2.27.
> I am going to check it in today.
Please wait until someone OKs it. I personally don't see much point
in compressing debug info in relocatable object files.
Australia Development Lab, IBM