This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:20:42 +0930
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrExdme4V=oPPFV9_oMm-V69CS_y_=BBNUGrdkTy0evQQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 02:36:09PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> We should correct sonames:
What exactly is wrong with sonames? If you build with
development=true you get the date included in the soname, if not, you
don't. That seems good to me.
Australia Development Lab, IBM