This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: vapier at gentoo dot org
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:33:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2D5A1F96-A731-4D41-9C77-FFB069F1115F at adacore dot com> <b05a9bd1-9508-8401-67b5-c00a0b943b99 at vnet dot ibm dot com> <20160622144909 dot GL24532 at vapier dot lan>
On 6/22/16 9:49 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On 22 Jun 2016 09:26, Peter Bergner wrote:
On 6/10/16 10:02 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
I'd like to create the 2.27 branch soon, and also to build the 2.26.1 release.
If you have any pending patch you'd like to have in one of these releases, please speak quickly!
Our hardware people just contacted me this morning about a few new
instructions being added to ISA 3.0 (ie, POWER9). I'd like to add
those to trunk to make 2.27. I can have them committed today if
that's alright with you.
wasn't the idea of doing two releases a year specifically to avoid
this last minute kind of rush ? is this hardware going to be coming
out in the next 6 months such that everyone will have access to it ?
We're trying to catch a distro freeze that will use 2.27 and 2.27
already has support for ISA 3.0...minus these few instructions.
We'd like for the assembler if it supports ISA 3.0, to support all
ISA 3.0 instructions. Some of these new instructions are also
insns userland programs would/will use.
It's not like this change will affect other arches.