This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Commit: Improve GAS testsuite results for various targets
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Maciej Rozycki <Maciej dot Rozycki at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:23:03 +0000
- Subject: RE: Commit: Improve GAS testsuite results for various targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87porieapk dot fsf at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1606211721190 dot 7182 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <ea0a7dcf-c8b6-ec85-2015-96a7d1ddd8b4 at redhat dot com>
Nick Clifton <email@example.com> writes:
> Hi Maciej,
> > What MIPS failures do you have specifically in mind?
> Any and all, but I have actually been hoping that a MIPS expert, such as yourself,
> would fix them for me. :-)
> It also seems to me that we have an awful lot of different mips targets and I
> wonder if all of them are still in use. It would be nice if we could start to
> deprecate some of them...
Perhaps get rid of the non-traditional MIPS targets. i.e. irix and switch mips-elf
over to traditional. I know it is not much but a bit of cleanup makes MIPS easier
to get to grips with.