This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH 0/4] [ARC] Convert nps400 from a machine type to an extension
- From: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>
- To: Graham Markall <graham dot markall at embecosm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 12:06:33 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH 0/4] [ARC] Convert nps400 from a machine type to an extension
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover dot 1466085017 dot git dot graham dot markall at embecosm dot com>
> The NPS400 is an ARC700 variant with a specific extension set. It should
> be possible to link NPS400 and ARC700 code together, but this is
> inhibited by NPS400 currently being a separate machine type to ARC700.
Probably u can patch the bfd to accept the nps400 object to link with arc700.
> The removal of the machine type includes the removal of a constant which
> is documented as being unable to be changed (E_ARC_MACH_NPS400) in
> include/elf/arc.h - however, there hasn't been a release since this was
> added, so it shouldn't cause any problems to remove it.
Yes this is true, but you guys can u make up ur mind and decide the proper implementation how the EZChip cpu will be supported? Changing machine types and e-flags each two months may not be the way forward.