This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [binutils][PATCH] Avoid zero-length VLAs.
- From: Brooks Moses <bmoses at google dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 09:03:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [binutils][PATCH] Avoid zero-length VLAs.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOxa4KpheNdcBF7WU66jmmh1oGG0GaSM4wcWxiRmqEdOXqH7fQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <982607bf-e895-dec4-f7c5-d15dc8981e0e at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Nick Clifton <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Zero-length variable-length-arrays are not allowed in standard C99,
>> and perhaps more importantly, they cause ASAN to complain. (See,
>> e.g., https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-09/msg00917.html.)
>> With this patch, the libiberty tests, including demangler-fuzzer, are
> Thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately you have reported it
> to the wrong place! The libiberty code is used by both the binutils and
> gcc projects, but it is officially maintained by gcc. So please could
> you repost this bug report and patch to firstname.lastname@example.org ?
Will do. Thanks for the quick reply!