This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [binutils][PATCH] Avoid zero-length VLAs.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Brooks Moses <bmoses at google dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 11:36:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [binutils][PATCH] Avoid zero-length VLAs.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOxa4KpheNdcBF7WU66jmmh1oGG0GaSM4wcWxiRmqEdOXqH7fQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Zero-length variable-length-arrays are not allowed in standard C99,
> and perhaps more importantly, they cause ASAN to complain. (See,
> e.g., https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-09/msg00917.html.)
> With this patch, the libiberty tests, including demangler-fuzzer, are
Thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately you have reported it
to the wrong place! The libiberty code is used by both the binutils and
gcc projects, but it is officially maintained by gcc. So please could
you repost this bug report and patch to email@example.com ?