This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
FYI - git hooks update on sourceware.org
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: vinschen at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 09:49:40 -0700
- Subject: FYI - git hooks update on sourceware.org
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Just a quick message to let everyone know I did a small update of
the version of the git-hooks that are running on sourceware.org.
This is to bring it in line with the latest version which brought
the following changes:
* Add support for hooks.disable-email-diff config option;
* RFC2047-encode email fields if containing non-ASCII characters
* Ignore the hooks.no-emails config for first-parent commits
(this is so that people who develop on a no-email branch,
then do a: rebase of no-email branch, push to no-email branch,
get review and OK, merge to master (=fast-forward) and then
push to master get to see their emails sent)
* Add support for '(no-precommit-check)' keyword in revision log
[this is meant to be used as a workaround in case of emergency,
so should be avoided - probably irrelevant to us for now, as
I don't think we have any style-check happening]
* Removing some syslogging happening during normal operations:
- when .gitattributes file is disabling style-checking on
a given file being modified by a commit;
- when a hooks.no-precommit-check config disables all
The rationale is that this is not an error condition, and that
determining that information after the fact is easy.
* Dramatic performance improvement for pushing commits that
modify a large number of files (30secs down to 1sec for
copyright-year update commit, which touches a few thousand
All these changes were tested within AdaCore for a while now,
and they have also all be valided by the hooks' extensive testsuite.
But do let me know if you detect any regression.