This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] objdump: Handle x64 PE+ pdata with leading padding
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 17:17:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] objdump: Handle x64 PE+ pdata with leading padding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1457544974-10436-1-git-send-email-jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk> <56E13B1B dot 1010803 at redhat dot com>
On 10/03/2016 09:15, Nick Clifton wrote:
Did you test the patch for regressions ? I assume so, but it is worth checking.
There are no regressions on Cygwin x86_64
However, the one test case which actually tests objdump -p wasn't
working before on Cygwin. I'm not sure if patch [1/3] to fix that is
totally a good idea, or if we should just fix our Tcl/Tk instead.
Also - would it be possible to create a test case for this problem, so that we
can be sure that the fix continues to work ?
Patch [3/3] adds a testcase using the binary which originally gave me
this problem, which is 237k (I wasn't able to reduce it to a smaller
I'm not sure if adding that is permitted, or a good idea, or if I should
try to create a binary with the same problem from assembly source...