This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [llvm-dev] BE8 elf format on gold
- From: Umesh Kalappa <umesh dot kalappa0 at gmail dot com>
- To: Tim Northover <t dot p dot northover at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, LLVM Developers Mailing List <llvm-dev at lists dot llvm dot org>, Doug Kwan <dougkwan at google dot com>, Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 23:05:03 +0530
- Subject: Re: [llvm-dev] BE8 elf format on gold
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGfacvR_OAC4=m+D9dExQFgoYs_V75qDyRHTgBZZWxBtTWFTNg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFHTzfLVDKwRjhZ29Oqg_g0w58weVN1xAdhNYb9nkm9Qk8LhaQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Thank you Tim and Doug you said that BE8 is not supported and i'm bit
confused now :(
On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Tim Northover <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 18 May 2016 at 01:27, Umesh Kalappa via llvm-dev
> <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Do be8 format is very mandatory for armv7(big endian) ? Or we can
>> proceed without âbe8 option ??
> You should be fine. It looks like gold does support big-endian on ARM,
> and the default is almost certainly BE8 (BE32 is widely regarded as a
> mistake best forgotten).