This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/20103: Skip an archive element if not added by linker
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 16:19:16 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/20103: Skip an archive element if not added by linker
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160518022408 dot GA28694 at intel dot com>
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 07:24:08PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> During archive rescan to resolve symbol references for files added by
> LTO, linker add_archive_element callback is called to check if an
> archive element should added. After all IR symbols have been claimed,
> linker won't claim new IR symbols and shouldn't add the LTO archive
> element. This patch updates linker add_archive_element callback to
> return FALSE when seeing an LTO archive element during rescan and
> changes ELF linker to skip such archive element. Other linker backends
> may also need similar update.
> Tested on x86. OK for master?
Not without a lot more explanation and justification why this is
correct, in particular the plugin_call_claim_file change.
Australia Development Lab, IBM