This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [committed] SH64/GAS: Fix a -Wwrite-strings build failure
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde at tbsaunde dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde+binutils at tbsaunde dot org>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 08:58:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [committed] SH64/GAS: Fix a -Wwrite-strings build failure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1605152121361 dot 6794 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20160516005228 dot GA4620 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com>
On Mon, 16 May 2016, Trevor Saunders wrote:
> > Trevor, would you please run wide testing when making changes like your
> > offending commit, which affect many targets? While I do appreciate your
> > janitorial work introducing build failures breaks bisection and generic
> > testing run by other people, so I will appreciate your work even more if
> > you try and keep things working.
> As I said when sending that patch I tested it built for all targets, and
> I've successfully built sh64-elf and sh64-linux several times since.
> However that error only occurs with --disable-nls which I didn't even
> really remember exists or expect would have any effect.
Fair enough, and thanks for being dilligent with your testing. Indeed I
run my testing with `--disable-nls', which is what the script I've been
using inherited from Alan's work, and never changed. I suspect it was
added for a reason -- Alan, do you happen to remember what you needed it