This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH ARC 3/3]: Fixed-linker-related-testsuite-for-ARC
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Cupertino Miranda <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>, Francois Bedard <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 21:32:47 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH ARC 3/3]: Fixed-linker-related-testsuite-for-ARC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <EB86EB452ADE4B44B294F7149B8A2777021B4E0F at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com> <20160512002829 dot GH27896 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <EB86EB452ADE4B44B294F7149B8A2777021B5494 at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com>
On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 09:44:40AM +0000, Cupertino Miranda wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> Thanks for noticing this mistake.
> Would it be reasonable to just change it to
> + && ![istarget arc*-*-elf*]
Yes, I think so. If I understand correctly from ld/emulparams
and ld/configure.tgt, arc-*-linux-uclibc* supports shared
libraries, but arc-*-elf* does not.
> Or should I change it in config.sub to default any elf* to elf.
> The reason for the elf32 is our legacy build and regression testing
> Nevertheless, we do not consider it a requirement to keep this behavior
> specially if it could lead us to more of this problems in the future.
> Regarding "./config.sub arc", should we make it default to something. We
> noticed that arm also gives "arm-unknown-none" and does not support the
ARM is quite different, supporting AOUT, COFF, PE and more binutils
formats. ARC on the other hand, only has ELF support in binutils.
So it would be reasonable to change config.sub to translate plain
"arc" to "arc-elf". I guess it's also quite reasonable to leave it
as is.. In any case, whether config.sub changes or not doesn't have
any bearing on this particular patch.
Australia Development Lab, IBM