This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM][gas] Fix warnings about uninitialised uses and unused const variables
- From: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 13:07:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM][gas] Fix warnings about uninitialised uses and unused const variables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5723720E dot 6050508 at foss dot arm dot com>
On 29/04/16 15:39, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
I recently upgraded my host compiler to GCC 6.1.0 and while trying to build a
cross toolchain for arm-none-eabi I've encountered some -Werror errors in tc-arm.c
This patch fixes them.
Some static const variables that are unused are marked with ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED.
In parse_neon_el_struct_list GCC complains that firsttype.index may be used
uninitialized in an inlined neon_alias_types_same call.
This patch initialises the fields firsttype to prevent that.
With this patch the gas build succeeds for me.
Tested with make check-gas for arm-none-eabi.
Ok to commit?
2016-04-29 Kyrylo Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/tc-arm.c (fpu_arch_vfp_v1): Mark with ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED.
(parse_neon_el_struct_list): Initialize fields of firsttype.