This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/17550: Section groups (comdat/linkonce) create undefined symbols unnecessarily
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 10:50:57 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/17550: Section groups (comdat/linkonce) create undefined symbols unnecessarily
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160505130054 dot GA19324 at intel dot com>
On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 06:00:54AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> When a global symbol is defined in COMDAT group, we shouldn't leave an
> undefined symbol in symbol table when the symbol section is discarded
> unless there is a reference to the symbol outside of COMDAT group.
> OK for master?
OK if you've tested this with our big list of targets.
Australia Development Lab, IBM