This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't check caches_rawsize in elf_link_input_bfd
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 11:33:09 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't check caches_rawsize in elf_link_input_bfd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160429111004 dot GA32041 at intel dot com>
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 04:10:04AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> When backend caches the section contents, the .eh_frame section size
> may be increased due to DW_EH_PE_pcrel address encoding conversion
> even if caches_rawsize isn't set. ld-elf/eh6.d is such an example.
> We shouldn't check caches_rawsize to support section size increase.
> OK for master?
No. This would break targets that increase section size in
relax_section and realloc section contents.
Australia Development Lab, IBM