This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: aarch64_opcode_table changes for BZ 19722
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: <nd at arm dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:03:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: aarch64_opcode_table changes for BZ 19722
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <57234022 dot 3040609 at arm dot com> <938167e6-5839-f3ac-ac14-b521f4844540 at redhat dot com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
On 29/04/16 12:28, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> with the new verifier field some
>> table entries were changed to
>> others to
>> the goal of those c_INS macros is not clear to me,
>> is it just to align the opcode table columns?
> No - it was to make future changes to the table easier to do and
> to make the verifier functions stand out.
the opcodes/aarch64-gen tool now fails to build
because verify_ldpsw is undefined.
i guess aarch64-opc.o can be linked into the tool,
although it's a bit ugly since it's not used, just
referenced from the opcode table initializer..