This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [committed] MIPS/GAS: Fix an ISA override not lifting ABI restrictions
- From: Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 03:12:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [committed] MIPS/GAS: Fix an ISA override not lifting ABI restrictions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1604212314170 dot 21846 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 01:26:55AM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> The new test suite cases should reasonably cover the semantics of ISA
> overrides, as far as both code generation and code rejection is concerned.
> I had to factor in some limitations which I plan to resolve later:
> 1. The list test infrastructure does not allow to name a different source
> file. To address this I repeated the same source for output variants.
> 2. There's an outstanding issue with ISA overrides where the new ISA does
> not support ISA extensions selected. A warning is printed in that
> case. I had an off-list discussion a while ago and the consensus was
> any unsupported ISA extensions should be quietly temporarily disabled.
> Meanwhile I have added extra patterns for `octeon3' assembly which
> triggers the problem.
> This issue was discovered in automatic Linux kernel testing. Thanks,
> Ralf, for bringing my attention to it!
Excellent, thank you!
Will the patch also work for 2.25 and 2.26?