This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH] Check ELF relocs after opening all all input files
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 10:28:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] Check ELF relocs after opening all all input files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160419134956 dot GA12310 at intel dot com> <57165642 dot 1070808 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrydGcortz2AsujVSQYZCRbSPsi7CFQRnA6ZZiicbUvTA at mail dot gmail dot com>
>> What benefit is gained by doing this ? I would guess that it is connected
>> with symbols changing type and/or visibility and/or protected status, but
>> it would be nice to know what you are hoping to achieve.
> Yes, this change is motivated by that discussion. Currently backend
> check_relocs doesn't have the final information on symbols. A better
> linker can provide better diagnostics in check_relocs if symbol info is
Thanks for the clarification.
> Here is a simpler patch.
Well I for one like the patch, so please consider it approved.