This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFD] How legal is it to delete dynamic tags?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Anibal Monsalve Salazar <Anibal dot MonsalveSalazar at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 07:55:20 +0930
- Subject: Re: [RFD] How legal is it to delete dynamic tags?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023537E3D685D at hhmail02 dot hh dot imgtec dot org>
On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 03:08:41PM +0000, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> Firstly, to what extent is it OK to just delete a dynamic tag rather
> than set it to DT_NULL?
DT_NULL marks the end of the dynamic tags array. Setting a tag to
DT_NULL is not an option (except when the following tag is DT_NULL).
You'll break ld.so if you do that.
Australia Development Lab, IBM