This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC PATCH, binutils, ARM 5/9] Allow veneers to claim veneered symbols
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Thomas Preudhomme <thomas dot preudhomme at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 11:06:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH, binutils, ARM 5/9] Allow veneers to claim veneered symbols
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <004e01d13d57$bac5a860$3050f920$ at foss dot arm dot com> <1537478 dot Y6W5P8olra at e108577-lin> <56FBF56F dot 2080107 at redhat dot com> <1989122 dot A5ShDy3R5d at e108577-lin>
>> I don't like that "max_stub_type" is not actually the maximum possible
>> value for an elf32_arn_stub_type enum. The name is misleading. Maybe
>> you could use something like "last_non_veneer_stub".
> Last is confusing because it's last + 1. To be fair, I don't think this should
> be a stub type, rather a const global variable. I can include that in the
> Cortex-A8 refactoring patch, what do you think?
I think that would be much cleaner, so yes please.