Re: Missing TO_ADDR

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 07:12:46AM -0400, Dan wrote:
> Are you sure you want to take the TO_SIZE directives *away* from the
> minfo statements?  With the TO_SIZE directives, the addresses add up:
> last address plus size adds up to the next address, and you can see
> nothing missing.  Without the TO_SIZE directives, the units don't match.

You mean, TO_ADDR.  I understand your point and thought about
converting all the sizes to address units, but decided not to because
other places report octet sizes.  eg. rawsize in print_input_section,
and print_data_statement, print_reloc_statement,
print_padding_statement.  It seems likely that those functions bump
print_vma by the wrong amount too.

Hmm, I missed seeing that we have MEMORY region length in bytes, and
I'm not sure what the units are for symbol size in lang_one_common.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM