This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] replace some raw xmalloc / xrealloc with the XNEW* macros
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: tbsaunde+binutils at tbsaunde dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde at tbsaunde dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:43:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] replace some raw xmalloc / xrealloc with the XNEW* macros
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1458491203-14134-1-git-send-email-tbsaunde+binutils at tbsaunde dot org>
> 2016-03-19 Trevor Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * listing.c (listing_message): Use XNEW style allocation macros.
> * read.c (read_a_source_file): Likewise.
> (read_symbol_name): Likewise.
> (s_mri_common): Likewise.
> (assign_symbol): Likewise.
> (s_reloc): Likewise.
> (emit_expr_with_reloc): Likewise.
> (s_incbin): Likewise.
> (s_include): Likewise.
> * sb.c (sb_build): Likewise.
> (sb_check): Likewise.
Approved - please apply.
Note - I find it irksome that the type has to be specified in these
macros, rather than extract from the variable being (re)allocated,
but I could not think of any clean, non-GCC specific, way of
achieving this. So please go ahead with the patch as is.