This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Fix tic54x regression
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:00:36 +1030
- Subject: Fix tic54x regression
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
One of the tic54x testcases looks for a section alignment of 1. After
9136aa49 the alignment became 0. While it happens that an alignment
of 0 is treated as an alignment of 1, there is no reason to not apply
the explicit alignment.
* write.c (record_alignment): Revert 2016-02-18 change.
diff --git a/gas/write.c b/gas/write.c
index 24cd6ca..15330cf 100644
@@ -360,9 +360,6 @@ record_alignment (/* Segment to which alignment pertains. */
if (seg == absolute_section)
- if (align <= OCTETS_PER_BYTE_POWER)
if (align > bfd_get_section_alignment (stdoutput, seg))
bfd_set_section_alignment (stdoutput, seg, align);
Australia Development Lab, IBM