This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gold: fix merging of non-section symbols
- From: Xiao Jia <xiaoj at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 15:34:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gold: fix merging of non-section symbols
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1456955103-3720-1-git-send-email-xiaoj at google dot com> <CAJimCsEjtY+r_d1Q+DUPhBOoVas-gL2=eR9ApEY9RDS-0tEo3A at mail dot gmail dot com>
Sorry for the late reply, I spent time on something else.
On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Is there a PR for this bug?
I'm not familiar with the workflow. What is a PR?
>> os->output_address() returns a virtual address, while what we actually
>> want is an offset starting from the section.
> I don't think that's right, unless we're doing a relocatable link. See
> the use of relocatable_link_adjustment in the "else if" block
> immediately following this one.
Yes in my case it's a relocatable symbol IIRC. I'll take a look at
the code you mentioned. Thanks!