This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCHv3 0/7] Add initial arc nps400 support
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com, Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com, noamca at mellanox dot com, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:27:10 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCHv3 0/7] Add initial arc nps400 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover dot 1456947552 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <cover dot 1458082098 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <56EAD80B dot 10200 at redhat dot com> <20160317171501 dot GW14100 at embecosm dot com>
On 03/17/2016 05:15 PM, Andrew Burgess wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. And remembering that I've already updated
the patch, so I ask only out of interest...
... I still think that allowing the vendor string to control some
defaults would be nice. So in my case it would be great if the
default architecture for an arc-mellanox toolchain was nps400, from a
user PoV that seems like it would be a nicer experience .... maybe.
There's precedent for setting defaults with configure switches.
See e.g,. gcc's --with-cpu= and --with-arch=.
And I see gas/configure.ac handles --with-arch for nds32.