This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCHv3 4/7] arc: Remove EF_ARC_CPU_GENERIC constant.
- From: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- To: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com" <Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com>, "noamca at mellanox dot com" <noamca at mellanox dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 11:15:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCHv3 4/7] arc: Remove EF_ARC_CPU_GENERIC constant.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover dot 1456947552 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <cover dot 1458082098 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <a85375674957f65a8a8b9ea36b6708103a1dc39b dot 1458082098 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <098ECE41A0A6114BB2A07F1EC238DE896617B6F1 at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com>
* Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu.Zissulescu@synopsys.com> [2016-03-16 11:06:16 +0000]:
> I am not very sure about this patch. The official Synopsys ARC
> compiler doesn't set the e_flags. The code you just removed was made
> to handle those situations. Did you made some testing against those
> kind of situations.
No I only considered the GNU tools. I will try to create a test and
see what happens, I may revise, or drop this patch from the series
Out of interest, how do you tell if an ELF is ARC700 / ARCEM / etc
when it is compiled with the official tools if not by using the
e_flags? Is there some other field that should be used?