This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PING: Re: [PATCHv2 0/2] Add initial arc nps400 support
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, noamca at mellanox dot com, Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com, Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 15:46:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: PING: Re: [PATCHv2 0/2] Add initial arc nps400 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160302193711 dot GB9275 at embecosm dot com> <cover dot 1456947552 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <20160311201339 dot GB14100 at embecosm dot com> <56E7EEA4 dot 8010709 at redhat dot com> <20160315113739 dot GI14100 at embecosm dot com> <56E804B0 dot 8000701 at redhat dot com> <20160315134044 dot GJ14100 at embecosm dot com>
> If I'm not understanding the purpose of the vendor field in the target
> triplet, please can you help me understand. After reading all I can
> find, I still think arc-mellanox-* is the right fit.
You are understanding it correctly. It is just that it is unusual, but not
unheard-of, for the vendor field to play a role in selecting how a target is
So please go ahead and commit the patch.