This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gold: fix merging of non-section symbols
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Xiao Jia <xiaoj at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:30:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gold: fix merging of non-section symbols
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1456955103-3720-1-git-send-email-xiaoj at google dot com>
Is there a PR for this bug?
> os->output_address() returns a virtual address, while what we actually
> want is an offset starting from the section.
I don't think that's right, unless we're doing a relocatable link. See
the use of relocatable_link_adjustment in the "else if" block
immediately following this one.