This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: New linker testsuite failures for PR 19162
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Dave Anglin <dave dot anglin at nrc dot ca>
- Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:30:20 +1030
- Subject: Re: New linker testsuite failures for PR 19162
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <871t7ulct4 dot fsf at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOp3CVST4Vop=S7vUikKGD4v9ZfAZrL5Xd4ZKY_qnkPiLA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 08:15:58AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> The bug isn't fixed on hppa:
The reason for the fail on hppa-linux is that Dave Anglin's fix for
PR12376 makes the data segment always start on a page boundary.
ie. the test should be xfailed for hppa-linux.
It fails on hppa64-linux because .dynamic is put in the text segment,
making the text segment writable, and then there isn't a reason to
make a second segment for .data. A writable text segment is quite
horrible. That should really be fixed.
> i370 backend is broken:
Yes, I think we should remove i370 from the next binutils release.
Australia Development Lab, IBM