This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] [MIPS] Don't use $gp if abicalls are in effect
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: "Moore\, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "macro\ at imgtec dot com" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 17:50:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFA] [MIPS] Don't use $gp if abicalls are in effect
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F112420192D05F1C at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com>
"Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore@mentor.com> writes:
> This patch prevents the assembler from using $gp if abicalls are in
> effect. OK to install?
FWIW, I could have sworn that the old (n32 and 64?) SGI tools did
support -G and -mabicalls together. It was something I'd considered
adding to the GNU tools at one point, but it always seemed like a pretty