This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker plugin api limitation
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Rafael EspÃndola <rafael dot espindola at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>, Evgenii Stepanov <eugeni dot stepanov at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 08:14:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: linker plugin api limitation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAG3jReJDT2ZDNRh-cYSSBG76FnrReQWbgFgfsA_gvLdb5zmEEw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 6:39 AM, Rafael EspÃndola
> Evgeniy Stepanov recently found a limitation of the plugin api with
> --start-lib --end-lib: there is no way to tell the difference from a
> file not being included in the link to it being included and all the
> symbols being preempted.
How should --start-lib --end-lib work? Is there an equivalent command
line option for BFD ld?
> There is more information at https://llvm.org/pr26674.
It should be: