This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix BFD format matching for x86_64-w64-mingw32 -m32 LTO
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 00:56:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fix BFD format matching for x86_64-w64-mingw32 -m32 LTO
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602111610320 dot 29940 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOroz1Q0ohn_6G=9dtXCdSbcby+jZ=DaKzXRY_1VUghVeQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602160025090 dot 14423 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOrMr1Lx5sb1rtuTr5yxGUmxfWP9Qd2=gKCp9zaYQGyHUA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Feb 2016, H.J. Lu wrote:
> >> I have a related patch for:
> >> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1174065
> >> I was wondering if it works for you.
> > That patch doesn't do anything for my issue; with it applied but not mine,
> > I still see errors of the form:
> > /tmp/ccSAdUaE.o: file not recognized: File format is ambiguous
> > /tmp/ccSAdUaE.o: matching formats: pe-i386 pei-i386
> > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> Is your problem related to:
Only in a very loose sense.
> Is the fix insufficient?
They are separate issues. See the analysis in my patch posting.
Joseph S. Myers