This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Linux-abi group
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, llvm-commits <llvm-commits at lists dot llvm dot org>, cfe-commits <cfe-commits at lists dot llvm dot org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 12:01:31 -0800
- Subject: Re: Linux-abi group
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOqPzub4Qr95JT9_U9FBtbME4Xb2ZTgqPrN-Umf70vWGbQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87io1z2e2i dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <CAMe9rOqxZ6NDTc9pKJRpA--A_+moVNSZXyvZ0mkebx0X+LD=_g at mail dot gmail dot com> <87egcn2diz dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de>
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Florian Weimer <email@example.com> wrote:
> * H. J. Lu:
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> * H. J. Lu:
>>>> I created a mailing list to discuss Linux specific,.processor independent
>>>> modification and extension of generic System V Application Binary Interface:
>>>> I will start to document existing Linux extensions, like STT_GNU_IFUNC.
>>>> I will propose some new extensions soon.
>>> Why can't you use the existing C++ ABI list? Is there no overlap at
>> I wasn't referring to empty class
> But still there is going to be some overlap?
I was told that it didn't belong to C++ ABI. Please free feel to
raise the this issue with C++ ABI group.
>> I was referring to program properties:
> This looks more like an ELF topic to me, not really ABI.
> Please discuss this on a GNU project list because it affects the
> entire GNU project.
gABI is ELF and affects all users, including GNU project, of gABI.
Linux-abi discusses Linux-specific extensions to gABI. It is for tools
like compilers, assembler, linker and run-time. It isn't appropriate
for any GNU project list.