This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH] [ARC] GAS: add instruction relaxation.
- From: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com" <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 17:37:29 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] [ARC] GAS: add instruction relaxation.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1453817348-23388-1-git-send-email-claziss at synopsys dot com> <56B4A3C3 dot 6030106 at redhat dot com>
> Also I saw a couple of comments like this:
> > + /*FIXME! the reloc size is wrong in the BFD file. When it will
> > + be fixed please delete me. */
> Is this something that should be fixed at the same time as this patch is
> applied ?
No, those are missing or nice to have features. In the given example, I compute the size correctly in the assembler, and I do not rely on what bfd reports. The bfd is also correct as we always use custom howto functions. Indeed, we need to clean up those FIXMEs asap.
Thank you for the review. I always forget to update the texi file with the new feature. I will come back with the updated patch asap.