This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] msp430: Set DWARF2_ADDR_SIZE to 4
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 10:24:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] msp430: Set DWARF2_ADDR_SIZE to 4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160127151820 dot 6091d334 at pinnacle dot lan>
msp430: Set DWARF2_ADDR_SIZE to 4.
This change makes gas's notion of the msp430 dwarf2 address size match
that of gcc and gdb.
Hmm - will this change also affect the information in the .eh_frame section ? If so then maybe this function: bfd/elf32-msp430.c:elf32_msp430_eh_frame_address_size will need to be updated as well.
Without this change, addresses in .debug_line are encoded in two bytes
for some multilibs. When GDB reads the address for
DW_LNE_set_address, it uses the pointer size provided by the CU. When
these values don't match, GDB reads the wrong number of bytes.
Would it be possible to add a GAS test for this ? Or maybe a BINUTILS test instead ?
Did you regression test your patch ? With both the default and the -mlarge multilibs ? In fact since we are talking about debug information generation, please could you tell us what affect this patch has on the MSp430 GDB testsuite results ?