This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Can the automatic daily update commits be stopped, take 2
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, David Howells <dhowells at redhat dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 17:37:29 +0400
- Subject: Re: Can the automatic daily update commits be stopped, take 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20428 dot 1420542531 at warthog dot procyon dot org dot uk> <25281 dot 1454021771 at warthog dot procyon dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOoZ7PL28NfHoR4azfwQgixg+7y7ykcOg24pvBEiLc6kuA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160128231538 dot GF14840 at vapier dot lan> <CAMe9rOqNC4F7VuCMRMsjWEmafnbU82tmvd1ehc7pLnRzLbBshg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87d1skacrs dot fsf at igel dot home> <20160129114033 dot GC23479 at adacore dot com> <878u38a6gx dot fsf at igel dot home>
> > Which release tags do you have in mind, and what do we need to do
> > to fix them?
> Just make them annotated instead of lightweight (see git-tag(1)). Even
> better if they are signed.
GDB release tags have been both annotated and signed ever since
someone (was it you?) asked me about it.
AFAICT, Binutils release tags are also annotated (but not signed).
You'll need to be more precise about what's still not working
for you. In particular, I don't think the signing makes any difference