Re: Can the automatic daily update commits be stopped, take 2

> > Which release tags do you have in mind, and what do we need to do
> > to fix them?
>
> Just make them annotated instead of lightweight (see git-tag(1)).  Even
> better if they are signed.

GDB release tags have been both annotated and signed ever since
someone (was it you?) asked me about it.

AFAICT, Binutils release tags are also annotated (but not signed).

You'll need to be more precise about what's still not working
for you. In particular, I don't think the signing makes any difference
to git-describe.

--
Joel