This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [Patch] MIPS FDE deletion
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: "Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 15:27:53 +0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch] MIPS FDE deletion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F112420192CBD1CF at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1601100241420 dot 5958 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F112420192D0444C at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com>
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016, Moore, Catherine wrote:
> > Does it mean PR target/53276 has been fixed now? What was the commit to
> > add .cfi support for the stubs?
> I don't know about the status of PR target/53276. The commit to add
> .cfi support for call stubs was this one:
> r184379 | rsandifo | 2012-02-19 08:44:54 -0800 (Sun, 19 Feb 2012) | 7 lines
> * config/mips/mips.c (mips16_build_call_stub): Add CFI information
> to stubs with non-sibling calls.
> * config/mips/mips16.S (CALL_STUB_RET): Add CFI information.
Thanks. I thought it was someting recent, but this is fairly old.
I saw your patch handles the `fn_stub' case among others and your test
case included an `__fn_stub_foo' stub too, which is what PR target/53276
is all about, which is why I thought it may have been resolved and the
existence of the PR accidentally missed.
BTW, your test case has a stub of the `fn_stub' kind (`__fn_stub_foo')
and one of the `call_fp_stub' kind (`__call_stub_fp_foo'), but none of the
`call_stub' kind (for `foo' it would be called `__call_stub_foo'). The
latter has AFAICT been addressed by r184379. Was the omission of the test
case then deliberate for some reason (why?) or just accidental?