This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Commit: xfail rgn-at11 test for MIPS
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 09:33:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: Commit: xfail rgn-at11 test for MIPS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87y4btde0c dot fsf at redhat dot com> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1601140204110 dot 478 at arjuna dot pair dot com>
+# Fails for RX because it ignores the LMA (for compatibility with Renesas tools)
+# Fails for MIPS targets because the assembler pads all sections to a 16 byte
Nit: the descriptions make it sound like it should be a
"notarget" rather than an "xfail" for both targets.
Although for the MIPS case the test could also be modified to use
16-byte alignment for the sections and then the test would pass.
Leaving it as an XFAIL then might prompt some future maintainer to make