This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [Patch] MIPS FDE deletion
- From: "Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 23:20:40 +0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch] MIPS FDE deletion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F112420192CBD1CF at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1601100241420 dot 5958 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Maciej W. Rozycki [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 5:00 PM
> To: Moore, Catherine
> Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Richard Sandiford
> Subject: Re: [Patch] MIPS FDE deletion
> Hi Catherine,
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2015, Moore, Catherine wrote:
> > MIPS16 call stubs now have .cfi directives. If the linker decides
> > that one of these call stubs is not required, it will emit incorrect
> > frame info. This patch suppresses the generation of the frame info by
> > setting the output section of the stub to ABS.
I have a slight update to this patch that I need to submit.
> Does it mean PR target/53276 has been fixed now? What was the commit to
> add .cfi support for the stubs?
I don't know about the status of PR target/53276. The commit to add .cfi support for call stubs was this one:
r184379 | rsandifo | 2012-02-19 08:44:54 -0800 (Sun, 19 Feb 2012) | 7 lines
* config/mips/mips.c (mips16_build_call_stub): Add CFI information
to stubs with non-sibling calls.
* config/mips/mips16.S (CALL_STUB_RET): Add CFI information.