This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [Patch ARM ] Fix build attributes for armv8-a in case of assembler files that contain no directives
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: "Richard Earnshaw" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, "Tristan Gingold" <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "Ramana Radhakrishnan" <ramana dot radhakrishnan at foss dot arm dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 09:05:54 +0800
- Subject: RE: [Patch ARM ] Fix build attributes for armv8-a in case of assembler files that contain no directives
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56729D87 dot 7030500 at foss dot arm dot com> <56729F5C dot 6060802 at arm dot com> <5672BD3A dot 3090109 at arm dot com> <F8DA562E-B5DE-4D05-AC6E-F8E029B09DBC at adacore dot com> <5672D586 dot 8090408 at arm dot com> <5672E7D3 dot 4020104 at arm dot com>
> From: email@example.com [mailto:binutils-
> firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Richard Earnshaw (lists)
> Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 12:50 AM
> Apologies, it appears Ramana forgot to commit the ChangeLog entry in
> original commit. I've fixed that up on both the master and release
> branches as best I can.
I noticed that all the changes were listed in gas/ChangeLog, including the changes related to the new tests in gas/testsuite/*. What is the policy with regards fixing past ChangeLog entries, especially on branches (since this also affects binutils-2_26-branch). Is it ok for me to fix it in master and binutils-2_26-branch or should I leave it as is?