This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH, ARM 4/7] Add support for linking ARMv8-M object files
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: "Richard Earnshaw" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 17:37:44 +0800
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, ARM 4/7] Add support for linking ARMv8-M object files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001d01d13873$10d9aab0$328d0010$ at foss dot arm dot com> <56741D1E dot 50203 at arm dot com> <004301d13d4f$dc651da0$952f58e0$ at foss dot arm dot com> <567AA9D5 dot 3050705 at arm dot com>
> From: email@example.com [mailto:binutils-
> firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Richard Earnshaw (lists)
> Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 10:04 PM
> > This is fixed in this updated patch. I reworked the logic a tad to look at
> profile first and use that if available, otherwise fallback on arch
> information. Here are the updated ChangeLog entries and patch:
> > *** bfd/ChangeLog ***
> > 2015-12-22 Thomas Preud'homme <email@example.com>
> > * elf32-arm.c (using_thumb_only): Check that profile is 'M' and
> > logic around Tag_CPU_arch values to return TRUE for ARMv8-M
> > architectures.
> > (tag_cpu_arch_combine): Define v8m_baseline and v8m_mainline
> and update
> > v4t_plus_v6_m and comb to deal with ARMv8-M Tag_CPU_arch
> merging logic.
> > (elf32_arm_merge_eabi_attributes): Add Tag_CPU_name values
> > ARMv8-M.
> > *** bfd/testsuite/ChangeLog ***
> > 2015-12-14 Thomas Preud'homme <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * ld-arm/arm-elf.exp (armeabitests_common): Run new tests
> > "Thumb-Thumb farcall v8-M", "EABI attribute merging 8",
> > "EABI attribute merging 9" and "EABI attribute merging 10".
> > (Thumb-Thumb farcall v8-M): Renamed to ...
> > (Thumb-Thumb farcall v8-M Mainline): This.
> > (Thumb-Thumb farcall v8-M Baseline): New test.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-8a.s: New file.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-8b.s: Likewise.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-8.attr: Likewise.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-9a.s: Likewise.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-9b.s: Likewise.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-9.out: Likewise.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-10a.s: Likewise.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-10b.s: Likewise.
> > * ld-arm/attr-merge-10.attr: Likewise.
> This is OK.
All 4 patches committed. Thanks for the speedy review, especially given the season.
> As a follow-up could you please convert the example I gave into a
> testcase? I'll pre-approve that :-)
Will do tomorrow, as a nice Christmas gift :-)