This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problem with building PDF documentation
- From: Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin at op dot pl>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 10:19:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem with building PDF documentation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5533867 dot WLQCDnHzQ4 at infernus> <566984EB dot 1060301 at redhat dot com>
On Thursday 10 of December 2015 13:58:03 Nick Clifton wrote:
> Unfortunately those logs do not show what is wrong. They show that the
> generation has failed, but not *why* it has failed. Would it be
> possible for you to run the texi2dvi command locally with either--debug
> or --verbose added to the command line to see if this helps pinpoint
> exacltly what is wrong ?
It is definitely possible and I'm more than happy to help. But could you help
me with that a bit? What arguments should I use for that and do I have to run
some other commands before texi2dvi? I'm not an expert in these matters... );
> > I guess it it also worth noting that I had no trouble building PDF
> > documentation for binutils at the end of Semtember (at 28th exactly)
> Unfortunately there appears to have been quite a few changes to the
> documentation between then and now. IS there any chance that you could
> do a bit of binary chopping and narrow down the window a bit ?
This won't work - as I wrote in my e-mail, with the current version of the
tools the documentation for the exact same revision that I used 3 months ago
doesn't build too.